Wild Blue’s award-winning day camp programs are back for Summer 2020
Every year, millions of families enroll their children in summer camps. In fact, there are more than 14,000 camps in the United States, according to a 2017 report by the American Camp Association. Summer camps provide great experiences and memories for campers, and much needed child-care for their families.
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, Wild Blue Ropes Adventure Park in Charleston, SC has evaluated best practices and protocols for our Summer Camp programs, scheduled to begin in June. Designed to challenge, entertain, and inspire, WBR award-winning summer camp programs focus on developing physical, social, and decision-making skills while promoting self-confidence, fitness, and plenty of FUN. Campers unplug, engage, and enjoy the Charleston outdoor adventure park.
Wild Blue Ropes 2020 summer day camp programs will operate in accordance with CDC guidelines, and remain consistent with South Carolina law and Charleston local orders. In keeping all camp participants and staff members safe, all Wild Blue Ropes camps will adhere to the following protocols:
- Camp participants will be placed in smaller groups than previous years, and separated from other ropes course patrons.
- Camp activities have been restructured to incorporate proper social distancing, with no large group games or interactions with other groups occurring.
- Camp participants will be required to bring their own water bottles. No sharing of food will be permitted.
- Healthy hygiene habits, including frequent hand washing, will be encouraged.
- Temperatures of all children and staff will be taken daily, and staff members working with children will wear masks.
- Thorough hand washing and sanitation will occur multiple times daily.
- Anyone who is sick is asked to stay home.
- All equipment used will be sanitized in accordance with industry guidelines.
- Areas of use will be disinfected once camp activities are completed.
- Wild Blue Ropes facilities will be cleaned and sanitized each evening in preparation for the next day of camp.
Historically, summer camp recreation providers create experiences that challenge us to think bigger about who we are, how we live, and what we can do in the world. Many of the challenges faced on an outdoor adventure park offer critical lessons that instill confidence in the face of challenge, improved collaboration during adversity, positive encouragement during unease, and perseverance when times are uncertain. Wild Blue Ropes looks forward to providing another active summer of happy, healthy adventures for Charleston campers and their families.
Enrollment for Wild Blue Ropes 2020 Summer Camps can be done online at or by calling (843)225-1555.