All the steps we are taking to keep you safe, active, and engaged outdoors at the Charleston Adventure Park.
Wild Blue Ropes is steadfast in believing that conquering obstacles, facing challenges, and relishing outdoor adventure are critical components of our Charleston community’s well-being. As we navigate the new coronavirus normal together, we here at Wild Blue have made some changes to keep you active, engaged, and back outside at our Lowcountry adventure park.
ALL three courses at Wild Blue Ropes are now OPEN daily for Summer 2020. We understand the importance of getting outdoors, after all this time being isolated. Spending time outdoors is proven to relieve stress and anxiety, improve your mood, and boost feelings of happiness and wellbeing.
We are excited to have you join us for outdoor adventure this summer at Wild Blue Ropes Adventure Park. As always, the health and safety of our guests and employees is our top priority and we have implemented some new policies and procedures that we want you to know about before your visit. These enhanced procedures are intended to reduce potential risk to our guests and our employees associated with COVID-19. We are strictly adhering to advice from the CDC, as well as Gear Manufacturers’ recommendations regarding cleaning / sanitizing during COVID 19. We have worked hard to put protocols in place to accommodate our guests in a reasonable and responsible way.
In addition to our modified operations plan, we have reduced high-touch surfaces, enhanced our cleaning and disinfecting protocols, and implemented other changes as follows:
- Waiver’s should be filled out before arrival at Wild Blue Ropes. Waivers are available online here, via computer or smartphone. These waivers have been UPDATED so everyone must fill out a new waiver (even if you have climbed at WBR before).
- All technical equipment including harnesses and helmets will be cleaned and dried between uses.
- We’ve increased regular and ongoing cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch areas and surfaces.
- Modified operating schedule to allow adequate time for increased cleaning protocols.
- Limiting facility capacity to manage interactions and support appropriate physical distancing.
- Patrons are asked to practice safe social distancing on the course as well as the adventure park grounds.
- Annual Pass holders are encouraged to preschedule their visit.
- We ask that all guests regularly wash hands and apply hand sanitizer especially before and after interacting with high-touch surfaces.
- In accordance with recommendations to minimize the risk of droplet-transmission, Wild Blue employees will be wearing masks. We highly encourage all guests to wear a mask anytime during their visit when adequate physical distancing of 6ft or more cannot be achieved.
- While we respect climbers of all ages and abilities, we do request that our most vulnerable populations, as well as seniors, do not climb with us at this time.
- Please do not come climb with us if you are not feeling well, or experiencing any cold or flu like symptoms.
We look forward to having you back at the Wild Blue Ropes for your next great adventure. Come climb with us!